The bed of plants in front of our house is one of the first outdoor projects that we hope to accomplish this year. Besides needing to be weeded and mulched, we plan to move all the current bushes to the backyard (were there are no plants) and bring in some new ones.
But we couldn't do anything until we address our little drainage issue. This downspout not only washed all our mulch away, but it also was making a hole. It's not a pretty thing to see on the way to the front door. So Alan and my brother removed the curved end on the spout and dug a trench.
It went all the way to the grass where we removed a few of our boarder stones.
Then they attached the black drain extender that they picked up at Lowes. They made sure it was the right lenght and was laying at the right angle for the best water flow.
Once it was in the perfect position they covered it back up with dirt and mulch. You can barely tell that it is even there, especially from the street.